Dairy free Rainbow Tarts
Dairy free Rainbow Tarts are a delicious treat for kids of all ages! They are super easy to make, and the kids will have fun decorating them.
- 7 oz flour
- 2 oz sifted icing confectioners' sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 1 large free-range egg
for the filling
- About a teaspoon of different coloured jam jelly, for best effect, for example, raspberry, apricot, gooseberry, blackberry
- 3 x 6-hole non-stick bun trays, each lined with a circle of baking parchment (wax paper)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
- Make the pastry by mixing all the ingredients together in a food processor briefly but just enough to gather the dough into a ball.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board, cut into large enough circles to fit your bun trays and press a pastry circle into each hole.
- Choose a variety of jam (jelly) and place a spoonful of the selected jam (jelly) into the centre of each tart.
- Bake the jam (jelly) tarts for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Cool the tarts in the trays and then ease them out and onto a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 90 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 9 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Potassium: 18 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 224 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 3 mg
Iron: 1 mg