Gluten free Almond Shortbread
These gluten free almond shortbread cookies are delicately sweet with a hint of vanilla. They make the perfect after school snack or tea time treat.
- 8 oz caster superfine sugar
- 8 oz ground almonds
- 8 oz instant quick-cook polenta
- 8 oz Dairy free margarine
- 1 teaspoon of almond essence
- 2 x 20 cm 8 inch loose-bottomed, fluted flan tins
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas mark 3
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix in the margarine and almond essence until well blended.
- Press into the tin and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 433 kcal
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 147 mg
Potassium: 38 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 24 g
Vitamin A: 915 IU
Calcium: 48 mg
Iron: 1 mg