Wheat Free Pink Grapefruit and Ginger Salad
This refreshing salad is perfect for your next BBQ or cookout. Serve it on plates with lamb's lettuce (mache) and crispy bread.
- 9 oz of parsley trimmed and chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 plump cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 inch of root gingen peeled
- 6 large pink/red grapefruit peeled
- 1 1/2 oz of lamb's lettuce mache
- Make the dressing in a large bowl by beating together three quarters of the chopped parsley with seasoning, garlic, vinegar and oil.
- Grate in all of the ginger.
- Segment the grapefruit, removing all the pith, skin and pips (seeds) and marinate in the dressing until needed (up to 24 hours).
- Keep covered in the refrigerator.
- Serve on plates with lamb's lettuce (mache) and crispy warm (gF) bread.
Calories: 195 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 19 mg
Potassium: 466 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 14 g
Vitamin A: 4909 IU
Vitamin C: 103 mg
Calcium: 89 mg
Iron: 2 mg