Wheat free Orange Mousse with Almonds
This dairy free orange mousse is a healthy dessert made with wheat free, gluten free and vegan ingredients for a healthy treat.
- 4 oz caster superfine sugar
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 1 large free-range egg
- 3 tablespoons of pale dry sherry
- 2 heaped tablespoons of ground almonds
- Zest from 1 large or 2 small oranges
- 10 floz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of powdered gelatine dissolved in -
- 3 fl oz boiling water or vegetarian equivalent
- 1 tablespoon of toasted almond slivers
- Beat the sugar, egg yolks and whole egg in a food processor until pale and creamy.
- Briefly blend in the sherry, ground almonds and orange zest.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
- Microwave the orange juice until boiling and frothy and then whisk it into the egg mixture at full speed on an electric mixer.
- Pour in the prepared gelatine, whisking all the time to distribute it evenly.
- Pour the mixture into a small souffle dish or 4 - 6 ramekins.
- Leave the mousse to set in the freezer for about 40 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or until firm.
- Decorate the mousse with the almond slivers and serve chilled.
Calories: 266 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 236 mg
Sodium: 30 mg
Potassium: 209 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 35 g
Vitamin A: 467 IU
Vitamin C: 37 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 1 mg