Gluten Free Potato Skins and Hummus Dip
Recipe for gluten-free, vegan potato skins with a topping of hummus dip. Make this healthy and delicious appetizer recipe for your next party or gathering.
- Home-made fried potato skin quarters
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lb canned chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons of light tahini paste
- 3 large cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- A few drops of Gluten free chilli sauce/oil
- The juice of 2 large lemons
- 10 1/2 ozsilken tofu firm
- At least 3 tablespoons of fresh coriander cilantro leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- A little chopped parsley for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Place the potato skins on a non-stick baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), tahini, garlic, chilli sauce/oil, lemon juice, tofu, salt, pepper and coriander (cilantro) leaves together in the food processor until smooth.
- Scoop into an attractive bowl. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and parsley.
- Place in the centre of a large oval plate and arrange the potato skins around the dip.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 549 kcal
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 52 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Sodium: 298 mg
Potassium: 173 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 28 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 692 mg
Iron: 8 mg