Wheat Free Stem Ginger Ice Cream
This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free cornflour cornstarch
- 1 heaped tablespoon of sugar
- 10 floz soya milk
- 6 stem ginger; finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of stem ginger syrup
- 8 floz soya cream
- Mix the ground ginger, egg yolks, cornflour (cornstarch) and sugar together in a bowl and gradually incorporate the milk.
- Transfer to a non-stick saucepan and, stirring all the time, cook over a low heat until thick and creamy - but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the stem ginger, syrup and lastly the soya cream.
- Following the instructions on your ice-cream maker, churn until the custard is frozen and serve.
Calories: 367 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Cholesterol: 284 mg
Sodium: 65 mg
Potassium: 208 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 1249 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 147 mg
Iron: 1 mg