Wheat free Clementine and Orange Jelly
This tasty, all natural jelly is made from fresh clementine and oranges. You may decorate with fresh mint.
- The juice of 6 large juicy oranges
- 2 floz Cointreau orange liqueur (or Clementine juice for children)
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatine or vegetarian equivalent dissolved according to instructions on the packet
- 11 oz fresh seedless clementines, peeled, pith removed and segments chopped (canned fruit is fine, just drain the juices)
- A few spare segments of clementines and fresh mint to decorate
- Mix the orange juice with the Cointreau in a bowl and vigorously stir in the gelatine as soon as it has dissolved.
- Add the chopped clementines and chill for 1 hour, before giving it a thoroughly good stir to distribute the clementines more evenly.
- Pour the jelly into glasses or individual tin moulds and chill for 4 hours, or until set.
- When the jellies are set, decorate them in the glasses with spare clementines and fresh mint leaves.
- Alternatively, dip the moulds into boiling water for a few seconds and turn out the jellies on to small plates and decorate around the jelly.
- For children, omit the liqueur and mint leaves and make the jellies in pretty paper cups.
Calories: 155 kcal
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 28 mg
Potassium: 624 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 13 g
Vitamin A: 3492 IU
Vitamin C: 70 mg
Calcium: 200 mg
Iron: 4 mg