Goat's Cheese Tarts
Goat's cheese is available from delicatessens and large supermarkets.
- 2 oz plain wholemeal flour
- 2 oz plain flour All purpose
- salt to taste
- 2 oz polyunsaturated margarine
- fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
for the cheese filling
- 2 oz soft goat's cheese any coarse rind removed
- 1 egg separated
- scant 1/2 us cup semi-skimmed milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- one of the following flavourings:
- 1 small red pepper cored, seeded and finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 8 green and 8 black olives stoned (seeded) and chopped with 1 tbsp drained capers
- Put flours and salt into a bowl. Rub in margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add water to form a dough. Chill 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4. Roll out each piece to a round and use to line 4 individual Yorkshire pudding tins.
- Prick with a fork, bake blind at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 5 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 190°C (375°F) mark 5.
- Meanwhile, cream the cheese with a fork. Beat in the egg yolk and gradually add milk.
- Season and add one of the flavourings.
- Whisk egg white until stiff. Fold into mixture.
- Divide filling between pastry cases and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Garnish and serve warm.
Calories: 288 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 47 mg
Sodium: 452 mg
Potassium: 165 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 1774 IU
Vitamin C: 39 mg
Calcium: 49 mg
Iron: 2 mg