Quick Salmon Souffle (Wheat Free)
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 7 oz fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon of very dry white vermouth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
- 2 heaped tablespoons of rice flour
- 3 tablespoons of soya cream
- 3 large free-range egg yolks beaten
- Grated nutmeg
- 5 egg whites
- Cayenne pepper
- A large souffle dish greased with Dairy free margarine and coated with 2 tablespoons of Gluten free breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Poach the salmon in a little water with the vermouth, salt and freshly ground black pepper until just cooked through.
- Cool, then remove the skin and bones and flake the fish, reserving the poaching liquid.
- Melt the margarine in a non-stick saucepan and beat in the flour. Add the poaching liquid and then the salmon.
- Beat until smooth and thick. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the soya cream and egg yolks and mix well. Season with pepper and nutmeg and blend briefly in the food processor until pale pink and smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt until firm. Stir one spoonful into the salmon and then quickly and gently fold the rest in with a metal spoon.
- Spoon into the prepared souffle dish and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until golden, firm and well risen.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 239 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 252 mg
Sodium: 130 mg
Potassium: 441 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 518 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 45 mg
Iron: 1 mg