Wheat free Banana and Lemon Iced Loaf
This wheat free banana and lemon iced loaf is great for breakfast or a snack. It's moist, full of flavour, and quick to make!
- 5 oz rice flour
- 5 oz buckwheat flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 9 oz Dairy free margarine
- 9 oz sugar
- 23 oz bananas peeled and mashed
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 4 tablespoons sifted icing confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 23 - 25 cm (9 -10 inch) loaf tin, greased and lined
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
- sift the flours into a bowl with the baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor, beat the margarine, sugar and bananas together until smooth, then briefly blend in the eggs.
- Stir this into the flour mixture until it is evenly blended.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for about 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until an inserted skewer comes out clean and the cake is just firm. if it browns too quickly, cover the tin loosely with foil.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix the icing (confectioners') sugar with enough of the lemon juice to make a thick enough paste.
- When the cake is cold, drizzle the icing over the top.
- Store the cake in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 759 kcal
Carbohydrates: 110 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 109 mg
Sodium: 585 mg
Potassium: 604 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 63 g
Vitamin A: 1852 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 64 mg
Iron: 2 mg