Wheat Free Pork Chops with Lemon and Walnut Fettuccini
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 6 pork chops trimmed of fat and boned
- 1 tablespoon of chilli olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 plump cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 17 oz corn and parsley Gluten free fettuccini
- Extra oil either sunflower; olive or chilli oil
- 7 floz white wine
- The juice of 6 small lemons
- The grated rind of 2 lemons
- 3 1/2 oz chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- Using a large pan, fry the chops over a medium heat in the chilli olive oil, seasoning them with salt, pepper and sage leaves.
- Turn them over, add the garlic and cloves, reduce the heat and simmer until cooked through.
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water in a large saucepan. Drain and refresh under hot water.
- Return to the pan, toss in the extra oil of your choice and cover the pan.
- Add the wine and then the lemon juice, rind, and the walnuts to the pork chops and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Cook for a few minutes, so that the flavours mellow.
- Serve the pasta in a large shallow dish and arrange the chops over it.
- Spoon over all the sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Calories: 1024 kcal
Carbohydrates: 95 g
Protein: 65 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 236 mg
Sodium: 127 mg
Potassium: 1256 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 259 IU
Vitamin C: 21 mg
Calcium: 96 mg
Iron: 4 mg