Wheat free Orange Maple Cookies
These Wheat free Orange Maple Cookies are a healthier version of a classic cookie with a whole grain, gluten free, vegan and refined sugar-free recipe.
- 3 1/2 oz rice flour
- 3 1/2 oz maize flour
- 3 1/2 oz millet flour
- 4 oz margarine softened
- 2 1/2 oz unrefined dark Mauritian sugar
- 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Gluten free cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Gluten free bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange rind
- 2 non-stick baking trays greased and floured
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with an electric whisk.
- When the mixture has formed a dough, shape into a ball with your hands, then wrap in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough, half at a time, until about 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick.
- Cut into the required shapes and place 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart on the trays.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Transfer on to wire racks to cool. Store the cookies in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 206 kcal
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Sodium: 144 mg
Potassium: 71 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 359 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 26 mg
Iron: 1 mg