Wheat Free Sun dried Tomato and Coriander Seed Bread
Sun-dried tomatoes and coriander seeds are the stars of this easy, crusty loaf. With its crunchy, garlic-infused layers, this bread is perfect for dipping in olive oil or serving with cheese.
- 1 lb rye flour
- 11 oz WF flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 oz) WF easy-bake (instant) yeast
- 10 floz unsweetened apple juice mixed with the same amount of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of black treacle molasses
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 2 large non-stick loaf tins or 2 non-stick trays greased
- Extra flour for kneading dough
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- sift together the flours and the salt in a bowl. mix in the yeast, then make a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the warm apple juice water mixture.
- Dip a tablespoon into boiling water to heat it and then quickly use the spoon to add the treacle to the warm mixture. mix until you have a firm dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead thoroughly on a lightly floured surface for 8 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and knead the dough for another 2 minutes. divide the mixture into the 2 non-stick loaf tins, or onto the 2 non-stick trays, cover the dough with clingfilm (plastic wrap) and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Place the dough in the tins on a baking sheet, sprinkle the bread tops with a little water and then gently press in the coriander seeds.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Allow the loaves to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the bread in slices and keep it fresh in sealed polythene bags.
Calories: 1554 kcal
Carbohydrates: 337 g
Protein: 43 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 1228 mg
Potassium: 1851 mg
Fiber: 35 g
Sugar: 36 g
Vitamin A: 8061 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 172 mg
Iron: 15 mg