Wheat Free Turkey Breasts in Sage and Polenta Crumbs
Turkey breast is naturally low in fat and high in protein. Serve it with new potatoes and salad.
- 4 thick turkey escalopes trimmed of all fat
- 4 thick slices of hard goat's or sheep's cheese
- 20 large sage leaves
- 6 slices of Parma ham prosciutto, fat trimmed off
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons of polenta maize crumbs
- Sunflower oil to fry
- Slice each escalope in half horizontally and lay out open.
- Place a slice of cheese and 3 sage leaves in each escalope and wrap 1 1/2 pieces of Parma ham (prosciutto) around each fillet (to secure).
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and then dust each escalope with it.
- Dip the escalopes in the beaten eggs and then roll in a plate of polenta crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet), add the remaining sage and fry the escalopes on each side for 5 - 6 minutes until crispy golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on kitchen (paper) towels and serve immediately with new potatoes and salad.
Calories: 498 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 47 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 229 mg
Sodium: 631 mg
Potassium: 570 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 152 IU
Calcium: 49 mg
Iron: 3 mg