Gluten Free Dark Ginger Cake
This moist gluten free dark ginger cake is perfect for any occasion. It is made with healthy ingredients and will not disappoint!
- 5 oz Dairy free margarine
- 5 oz dark Mauritian sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 4 oz rice flour
- 4 oz potato flour
- 10 oz black treacle molasses
- 3 1/2 oz plump sultanas golden raisins
- 2 heaped teaspoons of ground ginger
- 3 1/2 oz chopped stem ginger
- 1 tablespoon of ginger wine
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 9 inch square cake tin, greased and lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas mark 3
- In a food processor, beat the margarine and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Transfer to a large bowl, beat in the eggs and then add the flours, black treacle (molasses), sultanas (golden raisins), ground ginger and chopped ginger.
- Add the wine and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour.
- Reduce the heat to 150°C (300°F) Gas mark 2, cover the ginger cake with greased baking parchment (wax paper) and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Leave the cake in the tin for 20 minutes and then turn out, upside down onto a wire rack to cool.
- When the cake is cold, peel off the baking parchment (wax paper), wrap the ginger cake in foil and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Calories: 450 kcal
Carbohydrates: 78 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Sodium: 281 mg
Potassium: 897 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 41 g
Vitamin A: 737 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 203 mg
Iron: 6 mg