Golden Syrup Biscuits
Find out how to make the perfect biscuits with golden syrup.
- 1 oz butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup substitute light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 oz self raising self rising flour, sifted
- Put the fat and syrup into a heavy-based saucepan and warm until the fat has melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the bicarbonate of soda and vanilla essence, then beat in the flour. Cool.
- Roll out the mixture until wafer thin and cut into shapes with biscuit cutters.
- Place on greased baking sheets and bake in a preheated cool oven 150°C (300°F) Gas Mark 2 for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories: 25 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 25 mg
Potassium: 4 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 24 IU
Calcium: 1 mg
Iron: 1 mg