Dairy Free Strawberry Tarts with Rose Zabaglione
- 7 oz WF flour
- 2 oz icing confectioners' sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 1 large free-range egg
- Variegated lemon balm to decorate
- 16- hole bun tray greased, floured and lined with baking parchment (wax paper) circles
for the filling
- 1.3 lb fresh strawberries hulled and wiped clean
- 12 oz redcurrant jelly to glaze the fruit
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 2 1/2 oz caster superfine sugar
- 2 1/2 floz white rum
- 3 tablespoons of rosewater
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
- Make the pastry by putting all the pastry ingredients, except the egg, together in the food processor and mixing until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Now add the egg and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Cut the pastry in half and roll out each half on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Cut out 16 circles with a 8 1/2 cm (3 1/4 in) cutter and line each prepared bun tin with the pastry.
- Place a circle of baking parchment (wax paper) in each one and secure with some baking beans.
- Bake blind in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and crispy.
- Remove the tarts from the oven to cool but leave them in the tins.
- Once they are nearly cold, transfer them to a wire rack.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters in order to keep them to an even size and pile plenty of the fruit into each tart.
- Use as much or as little jelly as you like to glaze the fruit.
- Melt the jelly in a small bowl in the microwave and brush each tart with the warm jelly.
- Make the zabaglione just before serving.
- Fill a saucepan a third of the way up with water and bring to the boil.
- Put the egg yolks and sugar into a large heatproof bowl and beat together with an electric whisk.
- Add the rum and rosewater. Place the bowl over the saucepan of simmering water and whisk on high speed until very thick.
- Serve immediately. Place a tart on each plate surrounded by a pool of the zabaglione and decorate with a sprig of variegated lemon balm.
Calories: 213 kcal
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 59 mg
Sodium: 60 mg
Potassium: 98 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 321 IU
Vitamin C: 24 mg
Calcium: 20 mg
Iron: 1 mg