Dairy Free Fresh Tuna and Quails Egg Salad Nicoise
A light and refreshing salad that is healthy and full of flavor. This dish can be served at any time of the day, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 2.2 lb baby new potatoes scrubbed
- 21 oz French dwarf green beans, topped and tailed
- 24 baby tomatoes wiped and halved
- 1 small red onion very finely sliced
- 24 black olives stoned (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 quails' eggs hard boiled for 3 minutes in boiling water, then transferred to cold water
- 12 anchovy fillets drained and halved
- 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 large clove of garlic peeled and crushed
- 6 large fresh tuna steaks or 12 small
- Extra olive oil
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until just soft. Drain and put in a large dish.
- Cook the beans, ensuring that they remain crunchy. Drain and refresh under cold water and mix with the potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, olives, half the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Peel and halve the eggs and mix into the salad. Add the anchovies.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and garlic together and sprinkle all over the salad.
- Finally, brush the tuna fish with a little oil and grill (broil) or char-grill until just cooked through.
- Place each steak on a bed of salad, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve or chill until needed.
- For a more economical alternative, cook 540 g (180 oz) of fresh tuna then flake the flesh into the salad.
Calories: 655 kcal
Carbohydrates: 58 g
Protein: 56 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 373 mg
Sodium: 417 mg
Potassium: 2636 mg
Fiber: 13 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 8930 IU
Vitamin C: 119 mg
Calcium: 172 mg
Iron: 7 mg