Dairy free Orange Maple Cookies
Vegan and dairy free, these cookies are bursting with fresh orange flavor and sweet maple syrup. Made with ingredients like gluten free cream of tartar, rice flour, millet flour and maize flour they're healthy as well as delicious!
- 3 1/2 oz of rice flour
- 3 1/2 oz of maize flour
- 3 1/2 oz of millet flour
- 4 oz Dairy free margarine softened
- 2 1/2 oz of unrefined dark Mauritian sugar
- 4 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Gluten free cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Gluten free bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange rind
- 2 non-stick baking trays greased and floured
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients with an electric whisk.
- When the mixture has formed a dough, shape into a ball with your hands, then wrap in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough, half at a time, until about 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick.
- Cut into the required shapes and place 2.5 cm (1 inch) apart on the trays.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Transfer on to wire racks to cool. Store the cookies in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 194 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Sodium: 116 mg
Potassium: 67 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 382 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 22 mg
Iron: 1 mg