Dairy free Coffee and Brazil Nut Squares
Dairy free coffee and Brazil nut squares. A gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian dessert that is perfect for the holidays.
- 6 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine
- 7 oz of demerara sugar
- 4 1/2 oz of rice flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Gluten free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large free-range eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon of pure Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of DF/GF cocoa powder, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- 2 oz Brazil nuts roughly chopped and lightly dusted with rice flour
- 3 oz DF/GF dark chocolate drops or pieces
- 7 x 10 x 1 1/4 inch baking tin lightly oiled
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
- Heat the margarine and sugar together in a pan until it begins to dissolve, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. mix together the eggs, vanilla extract, coffee and dissolved cocoa in another bowl.
- Stir the egg mixture into the margarine mixture and then fold in the flour mixture.
- Lightly stir in the nuts and chocolate drops or pieces, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the sides are coming away from the edges of the tin.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin.
- When cold, carefully cut the cake into 12 squares and serve, or store in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 240 kcal
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Sodium: 131 mg
Potassium: 97 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 18 g
Vitamin A: 293 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 49 mg
Iron: 1 mg