Dairy free Walnut and Pecan Creams
These delicious Vegan Pecan Creams are a great alternative to dairy cream. Made with pecans, walnuts, coffee essence and chocolate - this creamy indulgence is the perfect topping to your ice cream or dessert.
- 12 whole walnut halves
- 12 whole pecan halves
- 1 lb icing confectioners' sugar; sifted
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 large free-range egg white lightly whisked
- 1 dessertspoon of coffee essence
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 3 1/2 oz luxury dark continental chocolate optional
- Mix the icing (confectioners') sugar, lemon juice and egg white in a bowl until pliable.
- Add the coffee essence and water. Knead on a clean surface dusted with icing (confectioners') sugar.
- Shape the mixture into balls about 2.5 cm (1 inch) in diameter, press half a walnut into half of the coffee balls and press the pecans into the remaining coffee balls (this should flatten the balls slightly).
- For chocolate-drizzled creams, melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave, stir until smooth and drizzle over the nuts on each sweet.
- Put the walnut and pecan creams into little paper cases and leave them for 24 hours to set and dry.
- Transfer to a pretty box or keep them in an airtight container until needed.
Calories: 1916 kcal
Carbohydrates: 309 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 885 mg
Potassium: 211 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 287 g
Vitamin A: 1 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 17 mg
Iron: 1 mg