Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan pie
Dairy Free Chocolate Pecan Pie, with an all-natural crust and filling, is a homemade holiday dessert to be proud of.
- 5 1/2 oz plus 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of caster superfine sugar
- 2 oz of ground almonds
- 6 tablespoons of Dairy free margarine cut into pieces
- 1 large free-range egg
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
for the filling
- 2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 3 tablespoons of DF/GF cocoa powder
- 10 floz of golden syrup corn syrup
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 6 tablespoons of soft dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 6 oz of pecan nuts
- 24 cm (9 1/2 inch) non-stick, loose-bottomed flan tin, greased and lined with baking parchment (wax paper)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) gas 4
- Place the first four pastry ingredients into a food processor and mix briefly until it resembles crumbs.
- Add the egg and lemon juice and process for a second or two only.
- Bring the mixture together using a spatula, wrap the pastry in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill for 2 hours.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board and then line the prepared tin with it.
- Prick all over the pastry base with a fork.
- Make the filling by gently melting the margarine in a saucepan and stirring in the cocoa and golden syrup (corn syrup).
- Beat the eggs with the brown sugar and rum in another bowl. Stir this into the syrup mixture and add the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and bake for 40 minutes, or until the filling is just set and the pastry is golden.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 584 kcal
Carbohydrates: 62 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg
Sodium: 179 mg
Potassium: 153 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 42 g
Vitamin A: 777 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 55 mg
Iron: 1 mg