Dairy free Gingerbread Men
Tired of the same old holiday desserts? Try these Dairy Free Gingerbread Men for something different.
- 3 1/2 floz black treacle molasses
- 2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 2 oz unrefined dark Mauritian sugar
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 large free-range egg
- 4 1/2 oz rice flour
- 3 1/2 oz millet flour
- 3 1/2 oz potato flour
- icing if used - Gluten free ready-to-pipe varieties silver balls or other (Gluten free/Dairy free) decorations
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas mark 4
- In a large bowl, combine the treacle (molasses) and margarine, then melt them together in the microwave.
- Allow the mixture to cool down, then add the sugar, bicarbonate of soda (baking soda), spices, egg and all the flours.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured board and knead the dough with a little extra flour until you can roll it with a floured rolling pin.
- Roll out the dough until it is thin enough to cut out the shapes you require.
- You can use any shape cutters, gingerbread men, Father Christmas, Christmas trees, hearts or stars.
- Place the gingerbread men on non-stick baking trays at least 1 cm (1/2 inch) apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are firm.
- Cool on the trays before lifting them off.
- Transfer the gingerbread men to wire racks to cool completely. pipe decorative outlines with the icing and decorate with silver balls or anything you fancy, as long as you check that the ingredients are compatible with you.
- The icing will take about 1 hour to dry.
- The gingerbread men will keep for a couple of days if stored in an airtight container.
Calories: 106 kcal
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 79 mg
Potassium: 149 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 121 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 33 mg
Iron: 1 mg