Dairy Free Cucumber, Coconut and Lime Soup
A vegan and gluten free recipe for a light and healthy soup made of cucumber, coconut milk and lime.
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 2 large cucumbers peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- 8 spring onions scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 red chillies seeded and chopped
- 2 lemon grass stalks chopped
- 1 1/2 pint of canned coconut milk
- The grated rind and juice of 2 limes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 7 floz of coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander cilantro leaves
- 1 pint of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of Gluten free vegetable stock bouillon powder
- Cook the onion in half the oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cucumbers and garlic and gently cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and stock (bouillon) powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes; cool and liquidize.
- Wash the pan and heat the remaining oil.
- Cook the spring onions (scallions), chillies and lemon grass over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cucumber liquid and add the coconut milk, grated rind and juice of 2 limes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat through gently for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then chill until needed.
- Stir in the coconut cream to taste, and serve in cold bowls with a sprinkling of chopped coriander (cilantro).
Calories: 301 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Sodium: 213 mg
Potassium: 319 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 16 g
Vitamin A: 331 IU
Vitamin C: 18 mg
Calcium: 34 mg
Iron: 3 mg