Dairy Free Orange Stuffed Lamb
Lamb weighed with bone and then boned and butterflied by your butcher. Keep the lamb bones to make stock if you have time. Cool and refrigerate the drained stock, skim off the set fat and discard. Use the fresh stock (bouillon) in your recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh mixed herbs
- 2 plump cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 10 floz of water and white wine mixed
- 4 3/4 lb leg of lamb
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of Dairy free margarine
- 3 oz 100% WF rye breadcrumbs
- 10 floz WF lamb stock (bouillon)
- 3 1/2 oz dried apricots finely chopped
- 1 oz pine nuts
- 1 large orange segmented and chopped
- 3 heaped tablespoons of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
- Put the grated orange rind and juice in a roasting tin with half the mixed herbs and one of the cloves of crushed garlic.
- Pour over the water and wine mixture.
- Next stuff the lamb. in a large bowl, mix together the grated rind of 1 orange, the remaining herbs and crushed garlic, mash in the margarine, breadcrumbs, 3 tablespoons of stock (bouillon), apricots, nuts, chopped orange, parsley and seasoning.
- Fill the lamb cavity with this mixture and then tie up at 25 mm (1 inch) intervals, using a skewer to fasten the end and keep in the stuffing.
- Place in the pan and pour over all the remaining stock (bouillon).
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, until crispy on the outside and pink inside.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes before transferring to a carving board.
- Make the gravy by boiling up the juices in the pan and scraping them around. Stir in the cornflour (cornstarch) and bring to the boil until thick and clear.
- Serve with the carved lamb.
Calories: 370 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 109 mg
Sodium: 255 mg
Potassium: 744 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 628 IU
Vitamin C: 12 mg
Calcium: 52 mg
Iron: 4 mg