Wheat Free Rocket, Fennel and Strawberry Salad
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 4 large handfuls of fresh ready-to-eat baby rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1 large bulb of fresh fennel trimmed and tough outer layers removed
- 10 1/2 oz fresh strawberries wiped clean and hulled
- 1 teaspoon of crushed coriander ciiantro seeds
- 1 teaspoon of mild GF Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 small mild red chilli seeded and finely chopped
- The juice of 1 large sweet orange
- Arrange the rocket (arugula) leaves on each plate.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the fennel in half and then into wafer thin slices.
- Divide the fennel slices between the salads.
- Cut the strawberries into thick slices and arrange them over the salads.
- Make the dressing in a small bowl by mixing together the coriander (cilantro) seeds, mustard, vinegar, chilli and orange juice.
- Whisk the dressing until it is smooth, drizzle it over the salads and serve.
Calories: 70 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 39 mg
Potassium: 552 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 863 IU
Vitamin C: 88 mg
Calcium: 98 mg
Iron: 1 mg