Wheat Free Double Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 4 large free-range egg yolks
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Gluten free cornflour cornstarch
- 1 heaped tablespoon of sugar
- 10 floz soya milk
- 3 tablespoons of DF/GF cocoa powder, sieved
- 8 floz soya cream
- 3 1/2 oz DF/GF dark chocolate chips or chopped pieces
- Mix the egg yolks, cornflour (cornstarch) and sugar together in a bowl.
- Gradually add the milk.
- Now transfer this mixture into a non-stick saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring most of the time until thick but do not boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder and soya cream.
- Sieve the custard into a bowl and leave to cool.
- When it is cold and the ice-cream maker is ready, mix in the chocolate chips or pieces and churn in the machine until frozen, but still soft enough to scrape out of the mixer.
- Freeze in a scalable container until needed, or serve immediately with cookies.
Calories: 379 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 19 g
Cholesterol: 287 mg
Sodium: 67 mg
Potassium: 162 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 1249 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 145 mg
Iron: 1 mg