Creamy Lemon Tart
- 7 oz chilled shortcrust pastry
- 5 medium size eggs
- 175 ml lemon juice
- 6 oz sugar
- 1/2 pint double cream heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) gas mark 6.
- Line a 20 cm flan ring and place the lined flan case into the freezer to chill.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and mix in the lemon juice. Skim the surface to remove any froth and egg white.
- Add the sugar and mix well. Skim the surface to remove any more froth.
- Pour in the cream. Pass the mixture through a sieve into a measuring jug.
- Place a circle of greaseproof paper into the base of the flan case and fill with baking beans or rice. Bake the case for 15 minutes then remove the beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C (300°F) Gas Mark 2.
- Place the flan case onto a baking sheet. Fill the baked case with the lemon mixture and return to the oven, making sure the tart is filled to capacity.
- Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes until just set. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Calories: 303 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 143 mg
Sodium: 171 mg
Potassium: 101 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 22 g
Vitamin A: 585 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 39 mg
Iron: 1 mg