Chocolate Truffles (Wheat Free)
This recipe is Vegetarian, Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 9 oz DF/GF luxury dark chocolate
- 2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 2 1/2 floz soya cream
- Brandy Cognac or Cointreau (or 1 teaspoon of pure Madagascan vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of warm water or black coffee, if no alcohol is desired) Dairy free, Gluten free cocoa powder
- Break the chocolate into a bowl, add the margarine and melt briefly in the microwave.
- Stir in the cream and mix well together. Add the brandy or liqueur, or the vanilla extract and coffee mixture, and stir together until smooth.
- Leave to cool and when the mixture is firm, mould teaspoons of the chocolate into balls in your hands.
- Roll the balls in cocoa powder and leave in the refrigerator to set. (Alternatively, roll them in browned nuts and chill until needed.)
- Place the truffles in little foil or paper cases and serve cool but not rock hard and cold.
- You can arrange them in a pretty box, tied up with a ribbon to give as a gift, these trurrles need to be kept chilled.
Calories: 106 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 22 mg
Potassium: 95 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 168 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 12 mg
Iron: 2 mg