Plaice with Mushrooms
- 4 white-skinned plaice fillets each weighing about 5 1/2 oz
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- celery salt and pepper
- 3 oz low-fat spread
- 10 1/2 oz mixed small mushrooms such as button oyster, shiitake, chanterelle or morel, sliced or quartered
- 4 to matoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- basil leaves to garnish
- mixed salad to serve
- Line a grill (broiler) rack with baking parchment and place the fish on top.
- Sprinkle over the lime juice and season with celery salt and pepper.
- Place under a preheated moderate grill (broiler) and cook for 7-8 minutes without turning, until just cooked. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, gently melt the low fat spread in a non-stick frying pan (skillet), add the mushrooms and fry for 4 - 5 minutes over a low heat until cooked through.
- Gently heat the tomatoes in a small saucepan.
- Spoon the mushrooms, with any pan juices, and the tomatoes over the plaice.
- Garnish the grilled (broiled) plaice with the basil leaves and serve with a mixed salad.
- Mushrooms are ideal in a low-fat diet, as they are packed full of flavour and contain no fat.
- More 'meaty' types of mushroom, such as chestnut (crimini), will take slightly longer to cook.
Calories: 223 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 13 mg
Sodium: 16 mg
Potassium: 544 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 1032 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 16 mg
Iron: 1 mg