- 8 small plaice fillets skinned, about 2 1/2 oz each
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/4 pint white wine
- 1/4 pint chicken stock
- 2 green leeks cleaned and cut into matchstick strips
- 4 tablespoons low-calorie mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons natural low-fat yogurt
- 1 thin slice fresh root ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- small croutons to garnish
- Lay the plaice fillets down, skinned sides uppermost, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and ginger. Roll up and secure with wooden cocktail sticks.
- Scatter the onion in a large frying pan; lay the plaice on top and add the white wine and stock. Cover the pan and simmer gently for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile simmer the strips of leek in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Remove the plaice paupiettes and keep warm. Place the drained strips of leek around the fish.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the yogurt. Squeeze the root ginger in a garlic press to extract the juice and add to the mixture with the curry powder and seasonings.
- Arrange two paupiettes on each plate and garnish with the strips of leek and croutons. Serve the sauce separately.
- The croutons for this dish are made by stamping out crescents from thinly sliced bread and toasting them slowly until crisp
Calories: 305 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 110 mg
Sodium: 270 mg
Potassium: 684 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 765 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 116 mg
Iron: 1 mg