Fried Fillet of Plaice, Tartare Sauce
- 10 plaice fillets each weighing about 3 oz
- flour eggwash and breadcrumbs
- 3 lemons
- picked parsley
- 1 pint Tartare Sauce
- Dry the fillets in a cloth or absorbent kitchen paper and season with salt.
- Coat with the flour, eggwash and breadcrumbs, reshape and place into hot fat.
- Fry for 3 minutes until crisp and golden, turning the fillets during cooking to ensure even cooking and coloration.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper and season with salt.
- Dress on a dish paper on a flat dish. Garnish with lemon wedges and picked parsley and serve accompanied by a sauceboat of Tartare Sauce.
Calories: 112 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 61 mg
Sodium: 2712 mg
Potassium: 419 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 7 IU
Vitamin C: 17 mg
Calcium: 42 mg
Iron: 1 mg