Mushrooms a la Grecque
A cool summer hors d'oeuvre, Mushrooms a la grecque will improve in flavour if well chilled in the refrigerator before serving. It can be made the day before.
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed with 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 to matoes skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lb button mushrooms cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 wineglass dry white wine
- 4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 2 spoons of oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the tomato puree with the wine and add to the pan. Bring just to boiling point, then remove immediately from the heat and add half the chopped parsley and plenty of pepper. Stir well and leave to cool.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Adjust seasoning and top with the remaining parsley.
Calories: 111 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 19 mg
Potassium: 777 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 1383 IU
Vitamin C: 27 mg
Calcium: 35 mg
Iron: 1 mg