Chicken Stuffed with Brie and Mushrooms
Savory and sweet, this easy one-step dish is perfect for a dinner party. Chicken breasts are stuffed with brie and mushrooms, then wrapped in bacon before baking until the bacon is crispy.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 oz Brie cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 oz butter
- 3 1/2 oz mushrooms wiped and sliced
- 4 spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 8 rashers back bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 1/2 oz jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Using a small, sharp knife, make a long, horizontal slit in each chicken breast to form a pocket, being careful not to slice all the way through. Push a piece of Brie into each pocket
- Heat the butter in a small pan and fry the mushrooms slices and spring onions for 2 to 3 minutes to soften. Divide between the chicken breasts, pushing well into the pocket you have cut.
- Using the back of a round-bladed knife, gently stretch each rasher of bacon. Using 2 rashers per breast, wrap the bacon around the chicken to enclose the filling securely. Place in a shallow, ovenproof dish, drizzle with the oil and bake for 20 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown. Pour the sauce over and return to the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot with freshly cooked organic new potatoes and organic green beans.
Calories: 616 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 60 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 199 mg
Sodium: 1027 mg
Potassium: 1347 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 929 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 85 mg
Iron: 2 mg