Baked Sea Bream
- 1 bream about 2 1/4 lb, scaled and gutted
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes thickly sliced
- 12 black olives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the fish and pat it dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat a little oil in a heavy pan and gently fry the onion with the garlic until it is soft but not brown.
- Lightly oil a shallow baking dish and spread half the softened onion, garlic and tomato slices over the base of the dish.
- Put the fish on top and surround with the olives.
- Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the fish, cover with the remaining tomatoes and softened onion and garlic, season again with pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the dish, cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and check the fish before returning it to the oven for a final 10 minutes or until it is cooked.
Calories: 332 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 50 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 471 mg
Potassium: 372 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 1244 IU
Vitamin C: 29 mg
Calcium: 34 mg
Iron: 1 mg