Baked Red Bream (Besugo Al Horno)
- 1.7 lb red bream fillets cut into 6 cm pieces
- 1/2 lemon cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons hot paprika pimenton picante
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 medium potatoes thinly sliced
- 4 1/3 floz extra virgin olive oil
- 12 black olives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- an oiled ovenproof dish large enough to hold the fish in a single layer
- Make a slash on the skin of each piece of fish, lightly salt them all over, then insert a lemon wedge into each slash.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, garlic, paprika and parsley in a bowl.
- Put a layer of the potatoes in the oiled ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper and spoon over 2 tablespoons of oil and 4 tablespoons water.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C (375°F) Gas 5 for 30-40 minutes.
- Put the fish on top, sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and pour the remaining olive oil over the top. Pour 2 more tablespoons of water around the sides of the dish (so the crumbs don't get wet) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Dot with the olives, cover the dish and cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the fish flakes easily.
Calories: 704 kcal
Carbohydrates: 47 g
Protein: 40 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Sodium: 453 mg
Potassium: 1035 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 1788 IU
Vitamin C: 50 mg
Calcium: 66 mg
Iron: 3 mg