Baked Catfish Spiked with Garlic and Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 2 lb thick catfish fillets or tail piece
- 2 fat cloves garlic cut into fine slithers
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 quantity fresh tomato sauce to serve
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 6, 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the fillets or tail piece of catfish and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Make several slits in the fish and poke in the garlic slivers.
- Lay the fish on a lightly oiled shallow baking tray, season with a pinch of salt, freshly ground black pepper, crumbled bay leaf and 1 tablespoon of the chopped parsley. Sprinkle with the juice of half the lemon and a little olive oil.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just cooked.
- Transfer the cooked fish to a warmed serving plate, adding any cooking juices to the Fresh Tomato Sauce.
- Pour the sauce over and around the fish and garnish with the remaining half of lemon, thinly sliced, and the remaining tablespoon of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Calories: 226 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 132 mg
Sodium: 110 mg
Potassium: 867 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 291 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 1 mg