Spicy Jackfruit Seeds
- 9 oz Jackfruit kathal seeds, skinned, cut each into 4 - 6 long slices
- 2 tsp Coriander dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- a handful Curry leaves kadhi patta
- 1 tsp Ginger adrak, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 3/4 floz Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds rai
- 2 oz Onions cut into long slices
- 1/2 tsp Black peppercorns sabut kali mirch, crushed
- Mix the spice powder with a little water to make a smooth paste. Rub the paste into the jackfruit seeds.
- Cook the jackfruit seeds with the curry leaves and ginger. When the seeds become tender, add salt; mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the mustard seeds. When the seeds start spluttering, add the onions and saute.
- Add the jackfruit mixture and black pepper powder. Saute till the mixture is absolutely dry. Do not allow it to become too crisp.
Calories: 188 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 6 mg
Potassium: 333 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 13 g
Vitamin A: 151 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 24 mg
Iron: 1 mg