Salad Hors D'oeuvre With Pomegranate Seeds And Foie Gras
Foie gras is a rich, buttery food with a distinctive flavor. But it's also an expensive delicacy that may not be loved by all of your guests. One clever chef suggests trying it out in this simple hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 ripe pomegranate
- 8 oz small-leaved salad greens
- 4 medium-sized lettuce leaves
- 4 slices bread
- 8 butter curls
- 1 lemon
- 12 thin slices rare beef fillet
- 4 slices tinned truffle-flavoured foie gras
- light olive oil
- Peel the pomegranate and take out the seeds. Cut the bread slices diagonally in half, into two triangles, sand toast them lightly.
- Use a butter curler or an ordinary knife to cut the butter curls out of very firm butter and place them in a small bowl of iced water. Just before serving, mix a simple dressing with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 - 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice and a small pinch of salt, pour over the salad greens and toss until evenly mixed.
- Heap an equal quantity of salad in the centre of 4 plates and place 3 slices of beef on top, sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top.
- Place a lettuce leaf beside each of these mounds, and put a slice of foie gras and 2 butter curls on each leaf. Lastly, arrange 2 slices of toast to one side of the foie gras.
- Drizzle 1 - 1 1/2 tsp olive oil over each portion of beef and pomegranate seeds and serve.
Calories: 263 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 38 mg
Sodium: 268 mg
Potassium: 378 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 1355 IU
Vitamin C: 35 mg
Calcium: 66 mg
Iron: 2 mg