Red mullet with coriander seeds
Red mullet with coriander seeds with incredible flavor, and nice texture - not too firm, but not too soft either.
- 6 small red mullet cleaned, livers not removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds lightly crushed
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Maldon or sea salt
- freshly ground white pepper
for the garnish
- lemon slices bay leaves
- Rinse the mullet quickly and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and leave for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the coriander seeds and garlic and fry for 2 minutes. Brush the fish with some of this mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook under a hot grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn and brush with the remaining oil, then grill for 4-5 minutes until crisp. Garnish and serve immediately.
- Ideally crush the coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar. Otherwise, try covering the seeds with a piece of greaseproof paper and pressing them with a heavy rolling pin to release their fragrance.
Calories: 248 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 29 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 74 mg
Sodium: 99 mg
Potassium: 571 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 185 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 80 mg
Iron: 2 mg