Indian Drumsticks with Poppy Seeds
- 11 oz Drumsticks saijan ki phalli
- 1/2 cup Poppy seeds khus khus
- 2 tbsp Mustard sarson oil
- 2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- Salt to taste
- 24 floz Water
- Peel and cut the drumsticks into finger-sized pieces.
- Wash and soak the poppy seeds in 1/2 cup water for half an hour. Grind to a paste.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan; saute the drumsticks for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt, the remaining water, and the poppy seed paste.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or till the drumsticks are done.
Calories: 180 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 198 mg
Potassium: 566 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 1189 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 420 mg
Iron: 7 mg