Mixed Fish Pâté
Beauty of this pate is that it can be made in superquick time, from store-cupboard ingredients. This makes it ideal for an impromptu starter or snack.
- 6 oz can tuna fish in oil
- 4 1/2 oz can mackerel fillets in oil
- 2 oz butter melted and cooled
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon single cream optional
- few lemon slices
- 1 - 2 parsley sprigs
- Place the tuna and mackerel, with their oil, in a blender or fooc processor. Pour over the melted butter and add the lemon zest and juice and the garlic, if using.
- Blend to a smooth puree. Season well and stir in the cream, if using.
- Spoon into individual dishes, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Serve chilled with toast.
Calories: 234 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 148 mg
Potassium: 292 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 1410 IU
Vitamin C: 18 mg
Calcium: 26 mg
Iron: 1 mg