Smoked Fish et Potato Pâté
- 1.2 lb floury mealy potatoes, diced
- 10 1/2 oz smoked mackerel skinned and flaked
- 2 3/4 oz cooked gooseberries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 gherkin chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped dill pickle
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges to garnish
- toast or warm crusty bread to serve
- Cook the diced potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain well.
- Place the cooked potatoes in a food processor or blender.
- Add the skinned and flaked smoked mackerel and process for 30 seconds until fairly smooth. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the cooked gooseberries, lemon juice and creme fraiche to the fish
- and potato mixture. Blend for a further 10 seconds or mash well.
- Stir in the capers, chopped gherkin and dill pickle, and chopped fresh dill. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Turn the fish pate into a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges and serve with slices of toast or warm crusty bread cut into chunks or slices.
- Use stewed, canned or bottled cooked gooseberries for convenience and to save time,
- or when fresh gooseberries are out of season.
Calories: 245 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 171 mg
Potassium: 921 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 123 IU
Vitamin C: 35 mg
Calcium: 41 mg
Iron: 2 mg