This recipe for coconut soup is so easy and delicious. It's creamy with a hint of sweet and spicy exotic flavor.
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbls plain flour All purpose
- 1 1/4 pints fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 dessert apple peeled and sliced
- 2 oz English Cheddar grated
- Saute the onions in the butter until golden.
- Stir in flour and cook for a minute. Add the milk and coconut.
- Gradually bring to the boil stirring continuously.
- Add the apple. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree the mixture until smooth. Return to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cheese.
Calories: 267 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 205 mg
Potassium: 355 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 582 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 287 mg
Iron: 1 mg