A recipe for the perfect Easter Lamb that will be the centerpiece of your table.
- 3 1/2 lb leg of lamb
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 oz packs fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 4 1/3 floz Bianconi extra virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2 floz chicken stock
- 3/4 lb new potatoes sliced thickly
- 3 1/2 oz baby fennel trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 8 oz baby carrots tops trimmed
- 4 oz baby leeks trimmed
- 7 oz courgette zucchinis, sliced lengthways
- 8 3/4 oz fine or yellow beans trimmed
- 5 1/3 oz asparagus trimmed to 6 cm lengths
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, gas mark 7.
- Score the lamb all over and season. Using a pestle and mortar, or in a food processor, pound or blend the mint leaves with the garlic and seasoning until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil and brush all over the lamb. Roast in the oven, brushing with the oil regularly until the lamb is cooked.
- Cooking times for the lamb: pink: 10 minutes for every 450g plus 20 minutes. Medium: 15 minutes for every 450g plus 20 minutes. Well done: 20 minutes for every 450g plus 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest on a plate for 10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, remove the fat from the roasting tin. Add the stock to the tin and make a light, tasty broth by boiling and dissolving all the goodness at the bottom.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Add the fennel and carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables in a shallow bowl with the lamb, sliced, on top and a little broth and mint oil drizzled over
Calories: 783 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 59 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 162 mg
Sodium: 325 mg
Potassium: 1834 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 9165 IU
Vitamin C: 52 mg
Calcium: 147 mg
Iron: 9 mg