Mixed Bean Pâté
- 14 oz can mixed beans drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander cilantro
- 2 spring onions scallions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- shredded spring onions scallions, to garnish
- Rinse the beans thoroughly under cold running water and drain well.
- Transfer the beans to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Alternatively, place the beans in a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, coriander (cilantro) and spring onions (scallions) and blend until fairly smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pate to a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with shredded spring onions (scallions) and serve.
Calories: 200 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 4 mg
Potassium: 460 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 73 IU
Vitamin C: 17 mg
Calcium: 42 mg
Iron: 3 mg