Quick chicken liver pate
This pate can be made very quickly as it is not baked. It makes an ideal starter for a dinner party at short notice.
- 1 small onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed with 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb chicken livers cleaned and chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp brandy or sherry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melba toast to serve
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan. Add the onion, garlic, livers and thyme and fry gently for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the juices of the liver are only faintly pink.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Mince the mixture finely or puree in an electric blender until smooth. Work in another knob of butter and the brandy or sherry with a wooden spoon, then season to taste.
- Press firmly into a serving dish and refrigerate before serving with Melba toast.
Calories: 86 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 196 mg
Sodium: 42 mg
Potassium: 181 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 6291 IU
Vitamin C: 13 mg
Calcium: 18 mg
Iron: 5 mg