Gluten Free Exotic Pea Puree
This pea puree is a perfect substitute for mashed potatoes at a holiday meal. It's also an easy way to add more plant-based protein to your diet.
- 2.2 lb frozen peas
- 1 large bunch of coriander cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- Dash of GF chilli sauce/oil
- 1 tablespoon DF margarine
- 7 floz coconut cream
- Cook the peas in salted boiling water until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain and process half of them in a food processor. Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
- Remove the stalks from the coriander (cilantro) and discard them.
- Place the rest of the peas with the coriander (cilantro) leaves and remaining ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape this mixture into the first pea puree and blend together.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a warm serving dish and cover until needed.
Calories: 265 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Sodium: 32 mg
Potassium: 521 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1378 IU
Vitamin C: 68 mg
Calcium: 46 mg
Iron: 3 mg