Japanese Stir Fried Rice With Green Peas And Mixed Vegetable
Homemade Japanese stir fried rice with green peas and mixed vegetables, this is a delicious dish that you can eat any time of the day.
- 2 oz cooked green peas
- 2 spring onions
- 1 green chilli pepper sliced into rings
- 1 young tender carrot diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 egg
- generous pinch dashinomoto instant fish stock
- 3 1/2 oz diced cooked chicken or pork
- 10 oz rice
- pinch caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- Miso and Tofu Soup
- Cook the rice in advance; allow to cool quickly, then refrigerate in a covered container until 30 minutes before you plan to serve this dish. Prepare all the vegetables: cut off the skin of the cucumber together with a 1/4 in (1/2 cm) layer of the flesh immediately beneath it and dice these thick strips. Reserve the remaining inner part of the cucumber for other dishes.
- Beat the egg briefly in a small bowl with the dashinomoto (if you do not have any of this instant Japanese fish stock, use a pinch of crumbled chicken stock cube, 2 - 3 tbsp cold water and a pinch each of sugar and salt).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil over a low heat in a wide non-stick frying pan and pour in the beaten egg, tipping it this way and that so that it spreads out into a very thin omelette; cook gently until it has completely set but do not allow to brown.
- Remove the omelette from the frying pan, spread out on a chopping board and leave to cool before chopping it finely.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry all the vegetables over a high heat for 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, followed by the rice. Reduce the heat and break up any lumps of rice formed by the grains sticking together while mixing the rice with the vegetables for about 3 minutes, by which time it should be hot. The vegetables should still be very crisp.
- Sprinkle with another teaspoon of salt and mix in the chopped omelette. Take the wok off the heat and serve.
- Serve Miso and Tofu Soup at the same meal.
Calories: 457 kcal
Carbohydrates: 64 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 97 mg
Potassium: 302 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 3285 IU
Vitamin C: 30 mg
Calcium: 47 mg
Iron: 1 mg