Low Calorie Celery and leek soup
Low calorie leek and celery soup recipe for weight loss.
- 12 oz celery sliced
- 12 oz leeks sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the celery, leeks and garlic in a large saucepan, and stir in the soy sauce.
- Pour over the vegetable stock, sprinkle in the caraway seeds and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, season to taste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove about a third of the soup and set aside.
- Blend the remainder in a food processor or liquidiser until smooth.
- Return the blended and unblended soup to a clean saucepan.
- Heat through and then serve in warmed bowls.
Calories: 84 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 1298 mg
Potassium: 406 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 2180 IU
Vitamin C: 13 mg
Calcium: 92 mg
Iron: 2 mg